Skip to main content

Another Early Morning

WEDNESDAY, JULY 1, 2009 AT 6:27AM POSTED IN PRAYERSEDIT I have been waking up very early every morning and I walk around this quiet house wondering what to do. I have found comfort in a hot cup of coffee and my deck. It is so peaceful early in the morning. I just sit and pray to God that He will help us get through this day. I know He is sitting right here with me and I am not alone. I have never felt this close to our Lord ever before. I don’t know how to begin to thank you all for your phone calls, texts, cards, the flowers that are all over our house, the food that has been made by so many loving hands and the emails. Taylor and I are surrounded by nothing but love and we thank you. Every night we get in bed and read over all the cards and emails that have been send to us. The words are encouragement and scripture is so uplifting. Someone said just yesterday that Mamie is not lost, we know exactly where she is. That really grabbed my attention because it is so true. We know she is a little angel looking down on us right now and we will see her again some day. That makes me smile just thinking about it. Yesterday Britney was showing Silas the pictures of Mamie. He pointed at the picture and said “Baby”. Britney said, “Do you know who that baby is Silas?” and he looked up at her without even a pause and said “Mamie” in his sweet little voice. I am crying now just thinking about it. He knows exactly who she is and he never even met her. Thank you all again. Please keep praying. Love, Sarah and Taylor

Caesy - I know that there must be so much sadness and pain in you right now, but your words are so encouraging to me. I can really feel the strength you and Taylor have and I know that you will get through each day only getting stronger and stronger. It is so peaceful to know where Mamie is and that we will all see her one day healthier than ever imagined!

July 1, 2009 - 8:03 amNatasha Marlow - Sarah and Taylor, We are thinking of you!

July 1, 2009 - 8:03 amBecky Gordy - You and Taylor are incredible and the most brave people I've ever known.

July 1, 2009 - 8:54 amShawna - Sarah and Taylor, I do pray that you find peace and comfort in the days ahead. Your strength right now amazes me and confirms that your faith and love will never falter. I love you guys so much and am holding you close in my heart.

July 1, 2009 - 9:10 amMauri Wood - Sarah - I have not had the pleasure of meeting you but I grew up and went to school with Taylor in Dumas. I follow your blog and love your work. You and Taylor are in my thoughts and prayers at this difficult time. Cling to each other and your strong faith and know that you are in the thoughts of many. Mauri Wood

July 1, 2009 - 9:46 amRyan Owsley - We're thinking about you and praying for you both. Thanks for blogging so we can check in on you. Kristin & Ryan

July 1, 2009 - 9:54 amrobin thibault - Sarah, Thank you for posting this update. I was wondering how you were doing...I've been thinking about you & Taylor...and praying for strength & peace. My heart is still so heavy for all of you & I am just so, so sorry. Your faith is amazing...and, you're so right...God has his arms around you, holding you tight! Please continue to update us when you can. God bless!

July 1, 2009 - 12:03 pmCrystal Goss - We continue to pray endlessly for you and Taylor. It makes me smile to know that you are finding comfort in the simplest of things. And it makes me thankful that you and Taylor have such overwhelming support and encouragement during these times. I know today will be hard. I am thinking of you always, and I love you dearly.

July 1, 2009 - 12:07 pmKatie Wooldridge Brown - You are in our thoughts and prayers. The slideshow is precious!

July 1, 2009 - 12:57 pmAnne Olivier - You are both beyond strong. The strength you get from your faith to deal with this experience truly is inspirational. Mark and I pray for your family every night.

July 1, 2009 - 1:38 pmEvelyn Wade - Your strength and faith are AMAZING! May God continue to comfort you and bring you peace!

July 1, 2009 - 2:59 pmAshley Andrews and Kurt Garland - I am thinking of you both and your families and praying for you constantly that you will find the strength to face each day. I am so proud of how brave you both are and how strong. This has to be the hardest thing in life to go through and I am amazed by your love and faith.

July 1, 2009 - 4:44 pmJenna and Scott Stubbs - Sarah and Taylor--we are praying that you will feel God's arms wrapped around you. Your slideshow was so touching and the song was beautiful. Mamie is in a wonderful place with Jesus to take care of her.

July 1, 2009 - 7:22 pmJeanette Pratt - Sarah and Taylor, May God continue to give you strength. Mamie is a beautiful little angel and you two are certainly an inspiration to many others. I will continue to pray for God to give you strength. Pratt's grandmother

July 1, 2009 - 7:26 pmMelissa Smith - Sarah and Taylor, you are in our constant prayers.

July 1, 2009 - 11:01 pmangela alexander - Oh, Sarah. I am overcome with grief for you and Taylor. I am so, so sorry.

July 2, 2009 - 12:02 amhope maloney - sarah -- i have been thinking of you and taylor since brit told me the news. my heart is heavy and i hope that you can find some peace. much love from jackson hole!

July 2, 2009 - 7:20 amKim Perkins - Sarah and Taylor, Right now I think about you first thing every morning and last thing at night before I go to bed...and most of the time in between. You will continue to be in my prayers as will your parents, Britney,and the rest of your loved ones, because I know this is a heart-wrenching time for all of you. I'm thankful for your strong faith and your wonderful family and friends. You are loved and prayed for by so many. Kim Perkins

July 2, 2009 - 10:15 amAnnie - "The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; His mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning. Great is Your faithfulness." I know the Lord's love and mercies will hold you in a new way this early morning and every other. Praying for you!

July 2, 2009 - 10:36 amAlice Curtis - Sarah and Taylor, You don't know me, but my in-laws are Cissy's neighbors and Jason and Taylor grew up together. You are in our thoughts and prayers as you cope with your sadness. Your strength is amazing and we are so glad that you shared the beautiful pictures of Mamie. That beautiful little baby girl will live forever in your hearts.

July 2, 2009 - 11:30 amAmy Lasseigne - The stillness of the morning is the most innocent time with God, after that the world tries to get in the way. I belive we are born as little angels - Silas knows... He is probably more connected to her than we can imagine. You, Taylor and the rest of your family are continuously in my heart and on my mind.

July 2, 2009 - 2:25 pmLauren (Wall) Enns - Sarah, I have been praying for you this past week and my heart breaks for ya'll. Know that even though I have not seen you in years and live all the way across the country (Oregon, of all places!) you are thought of and covered in prayer. Know how loved you are, baske in that during this time as it is obvious how loved you are by all. I know there are no words during this time of loss. But I praise Him that you feel closer than ever to Him as you mentioned in your recent post. And I will be praying for your marriage, that you both will cling to the other and not let this tear you apart but only bring you closer to one another and the Lord. Praying.

July 2, 2009 - 6:38 pmAnna Moore - Sarah and Taylor, I know you don't know me but I have been praying for you over the last several days. I am Crystal's future sister-in-law and I spoke with her the morning after Mamie arrived. God has laid this child and your family on my heart, and I want you to know that my heart aches for you. I can't imagine the pain that you are going through right now, but I know a God who understands everything you are feeling. I know He is with you and will continue to comfort you. Turn all your pain over to Him and He will guide you and Taylor through this terrrible tragedy. She was absolutely gorgeous. I know you will rejoice in heaven one day when you see her again. God bless you and your family and know that you are being lifted up to God. Love in Christ, Anna

July 3, 2009 - 9:55 pmKaren - My love and prayers are with you. Just keep leaning on God during this difficult time. Praying for you now in these difficult days.

July 4, 2009 - 6:50 amElaine Justus - Only God could create parental love. It is truly powerful and mysterious. I hear it in your voice and I know it lives within you. With continued prayers for healing, comfort, and tender memories.

July 9, 2009 - 7:55 pmCaroline Crow - I am so inspired by your ability to find comfort in the Lord. I hope you find comfort with Him and each other. I will continue to pray for you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Burke is 3!!!!!

Okay I have decided that time is going by way too fast.  Burke just turned 3 the beginning of June!  I can not believe it.  I feel like just yesterday I was in the hospital having the little guy!  We had a fun small family party and he is loving some super hero's right now so that was the theme :)  Silas really wanted to jump out when he walked in and yell surprise so that is what we did :)  Burke is super shy and he really wasn't a fan of it all.  Pibby and Pops got him his first bike and it is SO cute.   I picked up a balloon for all the kids and one special spider man one for Boo.  He has always loved balloons.  He said the sweetest thing....... he wanted to let his balloons go up to Mamie so she would know that it was his birthday.  I couldn't believe he let his special Spider Man one go.  It made me want to cry.  She should be here with us.  ANYWAYS, it was a fun day and I got some pictures of course and a few videos.  Happy 3rd Birthday Burkie BOO!  We love you so so

Baby Burke- Please Pray

Taylor and I went in for our big ultrasound this morning. I am 18 weeks along now, so they were checking out our baby boy closely. They found 2 genetic markers that caused a red flag. One cyst on the brain and his kidneys are enlarged. We need lots of prayers right now. Prayers for these markers to disappear and for our baby boy to be healthy. We also need prayers for our sanity as we wait, hope and pray. We will go back for another ultrasound in 8 weeks (March 31). We were told not to look this up on the internet and would appreciate only positive comments on this situation. God is good and we are leaving it in His hands. Thanks for your prayers, Sarah

NO FEAR!!!

I took the kids to the park this afternoon once the sun came out.  It was so beautiful and we love Woodlands Edge park.  Lots of trees, green space to run and Slides:) Winnie is small but that girl is mighty.  She has NO FEAR when it comes to the slides.  Which is totally different for me since Burke has always been so cautious.  I love days like this.  Feeling very blessed! - Sarah