Skip to main content

Mamie's Due Date

Mamie’s Due Date

Today has already been extremly hard for Taylor and I.  Today was to be Mamie’s due date.  The questions that everyone asks you through your whole pregnancy is here.  And we have no baby here with us.  She has gone to heaven.  I woke up crying harder than I have in a while and couldn’t catch my breath.  I keep replaying everything over and over in my head.  How did this happen to us?  Today is suppose to be an exciting day.  I pray that the Lord will give us strength to get through this day.  I lit a candle for our precious Mamie and plan to let it burn for her all day.  

“Mamie we love you so so much and miss you more than ever.”

img_1643_bwimg_1753_bw1

 

img_1610_bw

Lauren - Sarah, my thoughts and prayers are with you and Taylor today as they are everyday. I have been thinking about you constantly. I'm sure you are wondering when this will get easier. I just know it will. God has a plan for you both and I know you can't understand what it is now but it will reveal itself soon, I'm sure. Take care and my prayers continue...

July 13, 2009 - 8:31 amTammy - I realize that we do not know each other. However, I know that God hears our prayers and I am praying that God gives you and Taylor much strength today. I will continue to pray for your family.

July 13, 2009 - 8:54 amBetty (Miami) - OMG - I'm in tears! Strengh, memories, prayer & family will help you get through this day! My heart goes out to you & your family!!! I can NOT imagine your pain but we are ALL here for you... praying!!! Mamie is looking upon you with a smile today! (a hobby photographer from out southest that loves your pictures & stories)

July 13, 2009 - 9:10 amMeredith - Sarah, I'm so sorry. I actually thought of you and Taylor as I was getting ready for work this morning. Actually, I think about you every morning. I can imagine that today is going to be especially hard. Please know that you are covered in prayer. I love these pictures. Mamie is just beautiful!

July 13, 2009 - 9:31 amAvie Hardin - I know this is such a hard day Sarah. I continue to pray for your strength and peace. January 14th was my due date. Scooter gave me this on that day and I want to share it with you....... May you always have an Angel by your side~ Watching out for you~Helping you believe in brighter days and in dreams come true~Giving you comfort and courage~Someone to catch you if you fall~Inspiring smiles~Helping your hand and helping you through it all~May you always have an angel by your side.

July 13, 2009 - 10:11 amkate tokar - Hi Sarah, Just wanted you to know I am praying for you. I can't imagine your day. I am sure each breath is an effort. I know this is not at all how you had planned this exciting day. Praying that God will ease your pain and give you the strength you need to make it today- and for the days to come. Mamie is beautiful and I know God is treasuring every second with her. I am so sorry you can't enjoy every second with her now. I know you will for eternity, but that doesn't help with the right now. Praying for you to get through those for now. Hang in there.

July 13, 2009 - 11:06 amBecky Gordy - Graham and I are thinking of you both today. I'm so sorry. May God be with you guys all the time, but hold you especially close today.

July 13, 2009 - 11:06 amAshley Andrews and Kurt Garland - I think about you each day and pray for your strength. As heart wrenching as it, I watch the slide show of Mamie often so that I do not forget how beautiful she was and how she was the spitting image of her mother with that little butterfly mouth. I am with you in thought and prayer and hope that each day brings you a little more peace.

July 13, 2009 - 11:07 amClark and Carolyn McCarley - Sarah and Taylor, It was nice meeting you all yesterday. We feel your pain, emotions and everthing else you are going through right now. Remembering back when we lost Mary Madison, life just sucked, nothing was fun. But we found strength through prayer, to move forward one day at a time. Please know we are here if you all need anything, feel free to call anytime. We would love to visit sometime. We pray you will have pease and comfort today. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Love, Clark and Carolyn McCarley

July 13, 2009 - 11:15 amAshleigh Adams - Sarah- I went to bed thinking of you and Taylor last night and woke up thinking of you this morning. I know that today is so hard for you both, and I wish that I could help ease your pain somehow. Please know that we are continuing to pray for you and that Brian and I love you very much. - Ashleigh Adams

July 13, 2009 - 11:17 amEvelyn Wade - I am thinking of you today:) It makes no sense to me...my heart is breaking for you over and over again. I hope throughout the day peace and comfort come to you. You are always in my prayers!

July 13, 2009 - 12:21 pmrobin thibault - sarah, i prayed so hard for you guys last night & this morning, knowing what today means for you & taylor. what avie says in her comment is so true. mamie isn't physically here, but she is your angel, watching over you in heaven, protecting you & walking with you. i know me telling you that doesn't make it all better...i know you would rather have her with you...i completely understand that. just know that i am in prayer constantly for you & taylor. please keep updating us & letting us know how you're doing. love, robin

July 13, 2009 - 1:06 pmDenise Thompson (work with Bill) - Sarah & Taylor: I have no words to offer only my prayers that continue to go up for you both each day! My heart truly hurts for you and I continue to pray for God to pour his love, mercy & grace out upon you both & bless you with a peace that can only come from him! Please lean on each other & know that even though you cannot see them God's footprints are there carrying you each minute of the day as you grieve! Love in Christ! Denise Thompson

July 13, 2009 - 1:18 pmCasey Beard - I love you both and am praying for peace and comfort. Mamie should be here, I agree. I am glad you grieve...that makes you human. Know that we grieve for you and Mamie as well!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Burke is 3!!!!!

Okay I have decided that time is going by way too fast.  Burke just turned 3 the beginning of June!  I can not believe it.  I feel like just yesterday I was in the hospital having the little guy!  We had a fun small family party and he is loving some super hero's right now so that was the theme :)  Silas really wanted to jump out when he walked in and yell surprise so that is what we did :)  Burke is super shy and he really wasn't a fan of it all.  Pibby and Pops got him his first bike and it is SO cute.   I picked up a balloon for all the kids and one special spider man one for Boo.  He has always loved balloons.  He said the sweetest thing....... he wanted to let his balloons go up to Mamie so she would know that it was his birthday.  I couldn't believe he let his special Spider Man one go.  It made me want to cry.  She should be here with us.  ANYWAYS, it was a fun day and I got some pictures of course and a few videos.  Happy 3rd Birthday Burkie BOO!  We love you so so

Baby Burke- Please Pray

Taylor and I went in for our big ultrasound this morning. I am 18 weeks along now, so they were checking out our baby boy closely. They found 2 genetic markers that caused a red flag. One cyst on the brain and his kidneys are enlarged. We need lots of prayers right now. Prayers for these markers to disappear and for our baby boy to be healthy. We also need prayers for our sanity as we wait, hope and pray. We will go back for another ultrasound in 8 weeks (March 31). We were told not to look this up on the internet and would appreciate only positive comments on this situation. God is good and we are leaving it in His hands. Thanks for your prayers, Sarah

NO FEAR!!!

I took the kids to the park this afternoon once the sun came out.  It was so beautiful and we love Woodlands Edge park.  Lots of trees, green space to run and Slides:) Winnie is small but that girl is mighty.  She has NO FEAR when it comes to the slides.  Which is totally different for me since Burke has always been so cautious.  I love days like this.  Feeling very blessed! - Sarah