Skip to main content

34 Weeks

So I am 34 weeks this week. I can't believe it. That means I am 6 weeks out which is so exciting. Last night Taylor and I watched a live birth on Baby Center. It was so amazing! What a miracle................God knits this sweet little baby in our bellies. I can't even think of words to describe how amazing I think that is. After the video we looked back at what baby is doing at 9 weeks and what she looked like then compared to now. So AWESOME! I have 3 more weddings till rest time before Mamie gets here. My clients have really been pampering me with cookies, fresh peaches and adorable outfits for Mamie. I am so blessed to have such amazing clients. I am feeling great. I have a doctors appointment next week and they will do an ultrasound to check my placenta. I don't know if you all remember from back at our 18 week check but I had a low lying placenta. Meaning it was covering my cervix. Hopefully it has floated up by now. Mamie is so active these days. She still loves my right side and a little foot or hand likes to poke me in my right side. :) LOL it feels kind of funny. Mimi came Monday and started painting the tree on the wall. OH MY GOODNESS YALL!!!!! It is so adorable. It is better than I even imagined. She has worked so hard and left yesterday afternoon and is coming back Friday to finish all the little details up. I am so excited! I peek in there every time I walk past the room and smile.... and sometimes tear up :) Here is a picture I took with my iphone. Okay I cannot remember if I told you about what Gracie did a few weeks back. It was a Saturday and Taylor was vegging in the bed with be before a wedding. Both Gracie and Gus were in the bed with us too :) Does that surprise you at all :) Gracie jumped down and walked out of the room. Soon after we heard and loud bang. I jumped up to see what in the world she was dong. I peeked in Mamie's room just to see and YALL that dog was standing in Mamie's crib like it was no big deal. I was crying I was laughing so hard. I grabbed my phone and took a picture. We keep a baby gate up now because we don't need her to do that anymore especially when Mamie gets here. LOL I laugh every time I think of it. I have my baby shower this Friday and I can't wait. I am sure we will get some pictures so I will blog about that later :) Sleeping has become a little bit harder the bigger I have gotten. I have my U shaped pillow that I am in love with but now I have added 3 more pillows within the U. I am all padded up :) The other night I got my little sleep area all ready and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth. When I walked back there was the GOOSE all snuggled up in my spot. He loves all the pillows too. :) I don't know what we are going to do with these crazy dogs. HA! Ashley (Taylor's sister) and Drew have moved over to Hot Springs with the twins. We are so excited to have them closer so we can see them more. Hayden and Cooper are 15 months now and are so adorable. We went over a few weekends back to visit and see their house. The twins have such cute little personalities now. Cooper is the happy go lucky little boy. All he does is smile. Hayden puts on the more serious face ;) She I think is more of an observer. She has to check everything out first. I can't wait to spend more time with them. Well I plan on posting some pics from the beach today or tomorrow so check back. Brit got the sweetest picture of me and Silas. Here is what Mamie is doing this week. Hello, Sarah! Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. Her fat layers — which she'll need to regulate her body temperature once she's born — are filling her out, making her rounder. Her skin is also smoother than ever. Her central nervous system is maturing and her lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies. >> Read more about this week

Comments

  1. Loved catching up on that long post Buss! The tree is adorable and Gracie is a crazy pup as usual. Too funny. Great talking to you for a bit and I'm sorry that it couldn't be for longer...I'll call you again soon! Take care until then! Love and miss!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Burke is 3!!!!!

Okay I have decided that time is going by way too fast.  Burke just turned 3 the beginning of June!  I can not believe it.  I feel like just yesterday I was in the hospital having the little guy!  We had a fun small family party and he is loving some super hero's right now so that was the theme :)  Silas really wanted to jump out when he walked in and yell surprise so that is what we did :)  Burke is super shy and he really wasn't a fan of it all.  Pibby and Pops got him his first bike and it is SO cute.   I picked up a balloon for all the kids and one special spider man one for Boo.  He has always loved balloons.  He said the sweetest thing....... he wanted to let his balloons go up to Mamie so she would know that it was his birthday.  I couldn't believe he let his special Spider Man one go.  It made me want to cry.  She should be here with us.  ANYWAYS, it was a fun day and I got some pictures of course and a few videos.  Happy 3rd Birthday Burkie BOO!  We love you so so

Baby Burke- Please Pray

Taylor and I went in for our big ultrasound this morning. I am 18 weeks along now, so they were checking out our baby boy closely. They found 2 genetic markers that caused a red flag. One cyst on the brain and his kidneys are enlarged. We need lots of prayers right now. Prayers for these markers to disappear and for our baby boy to be healthy. We also need prayers for our sanity as we wait, hope and pray. We will go back for another ultrasound in 8 weeks (March 31). We were told not to look this up on the internet and would appreciate only positive comments on this situation. God is good and we are leaving it in His hands. Thanks for your prayers, Sarah

NO FEAR!!!

I took the kids to the park this afternoon once the sun came out.  It was so beautiful and we love Woodlands Edge park.  Lots of trees, green space to run and Slides:) Winnie is small but that girl is mighty.  She has NO FEAR when it comes to the slides.  Which is totally different for me since Burke has always been so cautious.  I love days like this.  Feeling very blessed! - Sarah