Skip to main content

Happy Friday

I am so glad it is Friday. Taylor and I are going to meet some of our good friends over at the races tomorrow for derby weekend and I can't wait. We have been twice this year and really haven't done very well. I think tomorrow is our day :) I posted a while back about signs. Do you all remember the night I talked about when Taylor, Alyson, Stuart and I were sitting out on the deck when a huge owl landed right beside us on a tree limb. It was the most amazing thing. She was beautiful. Taylor did some googling and we think she is a barn owl. Well I have gotten back to my morning walks around our neighborhood. Just the other day my neighbor (who lost her mother to cancer a few months after Mamie died) and I were walking around the lake. All of a sudden in the woods to our right we saw a bird with HUGE wings swoop down and pick something up and fly back up to a tree. YALL! It was that owl. I mean it might not have been that exact owl that came to our house but it was a beautiful barn owl. Lauren and I stopped walking and watched her in amazement. I didn't even think owls came out during the day. It was super cool and I believe it was another sign that was sent to the both of us. I didn't take these pictures. I pulled them off the Internet so you guys could see :) I know you all have seen falling stars. They are so beautiful and don't happen very often. This past fall Taylor and I were in Fayetteville for a Razorback game and visiting friends. We had all gone to dinner and decided to stop by an old pool hall we use to hang out at when we were in college. After losing to the guys in pool Jayna and I stepped outside to visit and breath in the fresh fall air. It was crystal clear night. Jayna and I were talking about Mamie and Owen and what great friends they would have been if she were here. I was getting a little emotional when something in the sky grabbed our attention and we both looked up. It was a falling star. It was SO bright and it didn't shoot across the sky but fell. We both looked at each other and began crying. It was spectacular and I am glad Jayna and I got to experience that together. Just a few weeks later I was driving over the hill into our neighborhood. In this certain spot it is pretty clear and the sky seems enormous. As I topped the hill I saw my second falling star. It was brilliant and fell down from the sky just like the one we had seen just a few weeks before. My third falling star sighting was just a few weeks ago. We were having dinner outside with Taylor's brother and his wife along with some other friends. Ashleigh (my sister-in-law) and I were the only ones to see it. All I could do was smile. Mamie is sending her Momma signs that she is okay and I love it. It warms my heart. I believe there are signs all around us. We just have to slow down in our busy lives and look around. Another picture pulled of the Internet :) Much love to you all -Sarah

Comments

  1. I couldn't agree more Sarah! What great advice...we could all take a bit more time to slow down and take a look at what God is showing us. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Burke is 3!!!!!

Okay I have decided that time is going by way too fast.  Burke just turned 3 the beginning of June!  I can not believe it.  I feel like just yesterday I was in the hospital having the little guy!  We had a fun small family party and he is loving some super hero's right now so that was the theme :)  Silas really wanted to jump out when he walked in and yell surprise so that is what we did :)  Burke is super shy and he really wasn't a fan of it all.  Pibby and Pops got him his first bike and it is SO cute.   I picked up a balloon for all the kids and one special spider man one for Boo.  He has always loved balloons.  He said the sweetest thing....... he wanted to let his balloons go up to Mamie so she would know that it was his birthday.  I couldn't believe he let his special Spider Man one go.  It made me want to cry.  She should be here with us.  ANYWAYS, it was a fun day and I got some pictures of course and a few videos.  Happy 3rd Birthday Burkie BOO!  We love you so so

Baby Burke- Please Pray

Taylor and I went in for our big ultrasound this morning. I am 18 weeks along now, so they were checking out our baby boy closely. They found 2 genetic markers that caused a red flag. One cyst on the brain and his kidneys are enlarged. We need lots of prayers right now. Prayers for these markers to disappear and for our baby boy to be healthy. We also need prayers for our sanity as we wait, hope and pray. We will go back for another ultrasound in 8 weeks (March 31). We were told not to look this up on the internet and would appreciate only positive comments on this situation. God is good and we are leaving it in His hands. Thanks for your prayers, Sarah

NO FEAR!!!

I took the kids to the park this afternoon once the sun came out.  It was so beautiful and we love Woodlands Edge park.  Lots of trees, green space to run and Slides:) Winnie is small but that girl is mighty.  She has NO FEAR when it comes to the slides.  Which is totally different for me since Burke has always been so cautious.  I love days like this.  Feeling very blessed! - Sarah