Skip to main content

Kicking Baby: 23 Weeks!

We had a very nice and restful weekend. I start back with weddings this coming weekend so it was nice to have nothing to do but chill with Taylor. Saturday I did go with Mom and Brit to Duck Duck Goose. Let me just start from the beginning. On Friday Mom came over to finish painting Mamie's changing table. It looks really good by the way. After she finished we decided to get out and run a few errands. I really needed to find me some black pants to wear to my weddings along with some cute but comfortable shoes. I found 2 pair of shoes. They are so cute and I don't think I will ever take them off. I also found a couple shirts and a pair of black pants at Kohl's. I never shop a Kohl's. Carrie from our Sunday school class told me to check in every once in a while because they have random stuff that comes in. One shirt was on sale for $7. You can't beat that! Well Britney didn't really understand why I bought more maternity clothes since I have a box full of hers to wear. When I got home I pulled out the box and started trying on. LOL I don't know WHAT we were thinking. We have never been able to wear the same size tops when we are not prego so why would it be different when we were :) Yall I was cracking up. NONE of the tops fit me. Brit is so petite and not as....ah how can I say this..... busty as me :) By the time I finished folding up all of her clothes and placing them back into the box I was a little depressed. All of her cute clothes I have to give back. SHOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!! Well back to Duck Duck Goose. They had a maternity section. I bought a few things that don't even look like they have even been worn. That made me super happy. Once I got home Brit and I did some shopping on Old Navy.com and found me some more threads. I feel much better :) Saturday night Taylor and I were snuggled up on the couch and Mamie was just kicking away. She is getting very active in there. I grabbed Taylor's hand and said "Feel this! I know you are going to be able to feel her this time!" It was the first time Mamie that your Daddy felt you kick. He was very excited! I have been feeling you for about 3 weeks now and I couldn't wait for your Dad to as well. My belly is really getting out there. I will take a picture this week and post it. It is really crazy seeing your body change like it does ;) Here is what baby center is saying today: How your baby's growing: Turn on the radio and sway to the music. With her sense of movement well developed by now, your baby can feel you dance. And now that she's more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound (about as much as a large mango), you may be able to see her squirm underneath your clothes. Blood vessels in her lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, and the sounds that your baby's increasingly keen ears pick up are preparing her for entry into the outside world. Loud noises that become familiar now — such as your dog barking or the roar of the vacuum cleaner — probably won't faze her when she hears them outside the womb. Hope everyone had a great Monday! I hope the sun comes out soon. -Sarah

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Burke is 3!!!!!

Okay I have decided that time is going by way too fast.  Burke just turned 3 the beginning of June!  I can not believe it.  I feel like just yesterday I was in the hospital having the little guy!  We had a fun small family party and he is loving some super hero's right now so that was the theme :)  Silas really wanted to jump out when he walked in and yell surprise so that is what we did :)  Burke is super shy and he really wasn't a fan of it all.  Pibby and Pops got him his first bike and it is SO cute.   I picked up a balloon for all the kids and one special spider man one for Boo.  He has always loved balloons.  He said the sweetest thing....... he wanted to let his balloons go up to Mamie so she would know that it was his birthday.  I couldn't believe he let his special Spider Man one go.  It made me want to cry.  She should be here with us.  ANYWAYS, it was a fun day and I got some pictures of course and a few videos.  Happy 3rd Birthday Burkie BOO!  We love you so so

Baby Burke- Please Pray

Taylor and I went in for our big ultrasound this morning. I am 18 weeks along now, so they were checking out our baby boy closely. They found 2 genetic markers that caused a red flag. One cyst on the brain and his kidneys are enlarged. We need lots of prayers right now. Prayers for these markers to disappear and for our baby boy to be healthy. We also need prayers for our sanity as we wait, hope and pray. We will go back for another ultrasound in 8 weeks (March 31). We were told not to look this up on the internet and would appreciate only positive comments on this situation. God is good and we are leaving it in His hands. Thanks for your prayers, Sarah

NO FEAR!!!

I took the kids to the park this afternoon once the sun came out.  It was so beautiful and we love Woodlands Edge park.  Lots of trees, green space to run and Slides:) Winnie is small but that girl is mighty.  She has NO FEAR when it comes to the slides.  Which is totally different for me since Burke has always been so cautious.  I love days like this.  Feeling very blessed! - Sarah