Skip to main content

24 Weeks

I am behind again on blogging.  Last week I was 24 weeks.  6 MONTHS!  I couldn't believe it when someone was asking me how far along I was and I said 24 weeks and they said "So like 6 months."  The weeks are flying by.  I shot an 8 hr wedding that past Saturday in Hot Springs.  We rolled into Little Rock around 1:30am.  I was so tired when I crawled into bed but not as tired as I thought I would be.  The next morning I woke up around 9:30 and was ready to roll.  Taylor and I eat a late breakfast and then headed out to Good Earth to get some mulch for the flower beds.  It was such a beautiful day.  Mom and Dad ended up coming over to help us.  We bought a bunch of plants that were 50% off and so we wanted to get them in the ground.  The yard looks SO good.  I will have to take a picture of it.  We have HUGE dogwoods in the back that have just bloomed and they are so beautiful.  I love Spring.

Last week was just a normal busy work week.  I have hired a new girl Amanda to help me in the office and she is amazing.  She is such a hard worker and wants to learn.  I wanted to get someone to help and on their feet before Mamie comes so I can have more time with my girl than sitting in front of the computer.  :) 

Mamie, you daddy almost had a wreck last Thursday when he could see you kicking in my belly from across the car.  You have become so active in there.  When we got to where we were going he announced it to the whole group.  He is so proud!  You also move a lot when Silas is around and talking.  You guys are going to be the best of friends.  

Pibby finished the changing table and it looks awesome.  Now all we have to do is find a crib.  I still want to hold off and see if the metal bed comes in.  I also found some fabrics for the drapes and the cushion that I am going to have made for my Aunt Mamie's rocking chair that  Mom is going to let us barrow.  :)

That is about it.  I will have Brit take a picture of my belly this week.  It is getting big :)
-Sarah

Here is what baby is doing at 24 weeks

Hello, Sarah!

Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but hisbody is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Burke is 3!!!!!

Okay I have decided that time is going by way too fast.  Burke just turned 3 the beginning of June!  I can not believe it.  I feel like just yesterday I was in the hospital having the little guy!  We had a fun small family party and he is loving some super hero's right now so that was the theme :)  Silas really wanted to jump out when he walked in and yell surprise so that is what we did :)  Burke is super shy and he really wasn't a fan of it all.  Pibby and Pops got him his first bike and it is SO cute.   I picked up a balloon for all the kids and one special spider man one for Boo.  He has always loved balloons.  He said the sweetest thing....... he wanted to let his balloons go up to Mamie so she would know that it was his birthday.  I couldn't believe he let his special Spider Man one go.  It made me want to cry.  She should be here with us.  ANYWAYS, it was a fun day and I got some pictures of course and a few videos.  Happy 3rd Birthday Burkie BOO!  We love you so so

Baby Burke- Please Pray

Taylor and I went in for our big ultrasound this morning. I am 18 weeks along now, so they were checking out our baby boy closely. They found 2 genetic markers that caused a red flag. One cyst on the brain and his kidneys are enlarged. We need lots of prayers right now. Prayers for these markers to disappear and for our baby boy to be healthy. We also need prayers for our sanity as we wait, hope and pray. We will go back for another ultrasound in 8 weeks (March 31). We were told not to look this up on the internet and would appreciate only positive comments on this situation. God is good and we are leaving it in His hands. Thanks for your prayers, Sarah

NO FEAR!!!

I took the kids to the park this afternoon once the sun came out.  It was so beautiful and we love Woodlands Edge park.  Lots of trees, green space to run and Slides:) Winnie is small but that girl is mighty.  She has NO FEAR when it comes to the slides.  Which is totally different for me since Burke has always been so cautious.  I love days like this.  Feeling very blessed! - Sarah