Skip to main content

Catching up: 20 Weeks

I was 20 weeks last week. Half way there. I know I say this every time but man this is flying by. I can't imagine how fast it is going to go once wedding season kicks in. So there have been 2 huge consignment shows this past week. Brit and I found some adorable dresses and onsies for Mamie. This girl has more clothes than her momma now :) Friday Ashley and Dustin came to stay with us and they brought us another sweet little book. "On the Night You Were Born" by Nancy Tillman. Talk about shedding some tears. Ah it is so sweet. Thanks guys, you have been so thoughtful. I can't wait to read it to her. Saturday morning we headed to Memphis to go to a Grizzlies game with a group of friends. The 4 of us met up with Stuart and Alyson for some amazingly bad for you food at Gus's Fried Chicken. It was so good. Taylor and I have been watching "Man Vs. Food" on the travel channel and he ate there on one of his episodes. Funny thing that we are watching a food channel while I am pregnant. :) After lunch we headed out into the blizzard to do a little shopping. We girls that is :) Allison took us to Pottery Barn outlet where we found this adorable chair and duck for Mamie's room. I can't wait to get a cushion made for it. We had a blast in Memphis. It was so great hanging out with everyone. Mamie loves the loud music at the game. She would kick so hard. I am pretty sure she was breaking it down in my stomach. She is going to be a dancer like her Momma ;) So here is what baby center sent us this past week about Mamie. She is getting big. Hello, Sarah! You're at the halfway mark — congratulations! Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. He's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — the length of a banana. (The way your baby is measured changes now.) He's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his digestive system. He's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in his bowels, and you'll see it in his first soiled diaper (although some babies pass meconium in the womb or during delivery).

Comments

  1. Hey babe! It was great seeing you the other day at the bank. As always, I am so happy for you and can't wait to see that beautiful room you have planned out! Call me tomorrow because Thursday we are going to dinner for the March b-days and I would love for you to come with me and LB.

    Hugs to the whole Adams gang from Lauren and Jim :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word....Sarah....I just caught up on EVERYTHING!!!! YOU'RE HAVING A GIRL!!!!!! I am so, so, so excited for y'all. I am also thanking the Lord that she got a good report at the doctor. I can't wait for Eliana to meet your sweet girl. Congrats friend!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Burke is 3!!!!!

Okay I have decided that time is going by way too fast.  Burke just turned 3 the beginning of June!  I can not believe it.  I feel like just yesterday I was in the hospital having the little guy!  We had a fun small family party and he is loving some super hero's right now so that was the theme :)  Silas really wanted to jump out when he walked in and yell surprise so that is what we did :)  Burke is super shy and he really wasn't a fan of it all.  Pibby and Pops got him his first bike and it is SO cute.   I picked up a balloon for all the kids and one special spider man one for Boo.  He has always loved balloons.  He said the sweetest thing....... he wanted to let his balloons go up to Mamie so she would know that it was his birthday.  I couldn't believe he let his special Spider Man one go.  It made me want to cry.  She should be here with us.  ANYWAYS, it was a fun day and I got some pictures of course and a few videos.  Happy 3rd Birthday Burkie BOO!  We love you so so

Baby Burke- Please Pray

Taylor and I went in for our big ultrasound this morning. I am 18 weeks along now, so they were checking out our baby boy closely. They found 2 genetic markers that caused a red flag. One cyst on the brain and his kidneys are enlarged. We need lots of prayers right now. Prayers for these markers to disappear and for our baby boy to be healthy. We also need prayers for our sanity as we wait, hope and pray. We will go back for another ultrasound in 8 weeks (March 31). We were told not to look this up on the internet and would appreciate only positive comments on this situation. God is good and we are leaving it in His hands. Thanks for your prayers, Sarah

NO FEAR!!!

I took the kids to the park this afternoon once the sun came out.  It was so beautiful and we love Woodlands Edge park.  Lots of trees, green space to run and Slides:) Winnie is small but that girl is mighty.  She has NO FEAR when it comes to the slides.  Which is totally different for me since Burke has always been so cautious.  I love days like this.  Feeling very blessed! - Sarah