Skip to main content

13 Week Check Up

This week Taylor and I went in for our 13 week check up.  They found in ultrasound about a month ago that I had a small subchorionic hematoma which they said is very common and usually happens during implantation.  It bought me another ultrasound at this visit which we were both very excited about.

I haven't been feeling great this first trimester.  It reminds me a lot of how I felt with Mamie.  I am trying not to get it in my head that this little bean could be a girl.  We really don't care either way.  Boy/Girl we just want a healthy baby.

My nerves have been on edge more than ever lately.  Like I said in earlier post.  They have taken me off my lexapro.  It was extremely hard but I feel I have evened out now which is good.  But back to my nerves.... I just keep thinking something is wrong with this baby or that I am going to miscarry.  Taylor has been such a great husband trying to calm my fears.  He keeps telling me to lean on the Lord and keep my faith.  I feel like I am....I just think I might know too much now with what I do with Mamie's Poppy Plates.  But I also feel like what if what I am feeling is that mothers instant that we have?  We are past the first trimester which is good and the statistics of miscarrying go down but as a mother that has lost a child I know you are NEVER safe!

Seeing our little bean on Tuesday did calm my heart.  We didn't get to find out the sex so I have to keep calling the baby an it or baby bean:(  It was moving it little hands around by it's face.  Baby bean is very active and was doing some crazy kicks which could explain why I have been feeling so sick ;)

We are heading out for our vacation on Friday.  Taylor and I will be celebrating our 8 year wedding anniversary this Sunday and we will be down in Florida where we were suppose to get married those many years ago.  I say suppose to .... for those of you that don't know Taylor and I planned a small family beach wedding in Sea Grove, Florida back in 2004.  2 days before the wedding we were evacuated because Hurricane Ivan was going to be making landfall pretty much on our wedding day.  It was so crazy but gave us a fun story to tell.  We would have gone ahead and gotten married but non of the men were there including my husband to be or my dress.  Yall the sky was crazy and the waves were huge.  It would have made for such a cool and dramatic background.  Anyway, we drove back to LR and got married out at my Aunt and Uncles house and it was amazing!  It kills me when people are so stuck on having that perfect wedding.  Things happen and really the only thing that matters is that you get married to that person you said "Yes" to spending the rest of your life with.  I would have married Taylor in the basement of that house if I had too.  :)

Okay enough talking.  We are excited about a week at the beach. (notice I didn't say relaxing :)  Burkie Boo is with us and I can't wait to see him in the sand.  It could be very interesting :)

I will report back sometime this week :)

- Sarah

Below is a picture of our little bean.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Burke is 3!!!!!

Okay I have decided that time is going by way too fast.  Burke just turned 3 the beginning of June!  I can not believe it.  I feel like just yesterday I was in the hospital having the little guy!  We had a fun small family party and he is loving some super hero's right now so that was the theme :)  Silas really wanted to jump out when he walked in and yell surprise so that is what we did :)  Burke is super shy and he really wasn't a fan of it all.  Pibby and Pops got him his first bike and it is SO cute.   I picked up a balloon for all the kids and one special spider man one for Boo.  He has always loved balloons.  He said the sweetest thing....... he wanted to let his balloons go up to Mamie so she would know that it was his birthday.  I couldn't believe he let his special Spider Man one go.  It made me want to cry.  She should be here with us.  ANYWAYS, it was a fun day and I got some pictures of course and a few videos.  Happy 3rd Birthday Burkie BOO!  We love you so so

Baby Burke- Please Pray

Taylor and I went in for our big ultrasound this morning. I am 18 weeks along now, so they were checking out our baby boy closely. They found 2 genetic markers that caused a red flag. One cyst on the brain and his kidneys are enlarged. We need lots of prayers right now. Prayers for these markers to disappear and for our baby boy to be healthy. We also need prayers for our sanity as we wait, hope and pray. We will go back for another ultrasound in 8 weeks (March 31). We were told not to look this up on the internet and would appreciate only positive comments on this situation. God is good and we are leaving it in His hands. Thanks for your prayers, Sarah

NO FEAR!!!

I took the kids to the park this afternoon once the sun came out.  It was so beautiful and we love Woodlands Edge park.  Lots of trees, green space to run and Slides:) Winnie is small but that girl is mighty.  She has NO FEAR when it comes to the slides.  Which is totally different for me since Burke has always been so cautious.  I love days like this.  Feeling very blessed! - Sarah