Skip to main content

New Happenings with Mamies Poppy Plates

I am so excited that we will be moving into our new headquarters the first of August. This all couldn't have come at a better time. God has lead us every step of the way with Mamies Poppy Plates. Once we get in and settled I will post some pictures. I can't wait to hang the amazing painting Bethany Cannon painted at our race. It will look so good there.

Since the race lots of new and exciting things have happened.

First is getting our awesome headquarters donated to us from Dr. and Mrs. Strong. They have been so kind to us! I couldn't thank them enough as well as their daughter Sharron. Sharron and I went to high school together. I hadn't seen or talked to her in probably 10 years when Mamie died. She sent me the kindest letter and this amazing book that she had put together for me of quotes people had posted on Facebook and places for me to insert pictures of Mamie. Through tragedy you really see who your friends really are and make so many new amazing friendships with people that reach out and want to help you.
Second we had our first out of state hospital St. Michael's was adopted by Blake's Journey down in Texarkana, TX. They have been huge supporters and we are so grateful for them.

Third we are working on a new and improved way of working with the hospitals that will help us expand so much faster.

As of right now we stock the plates in the hospitals where the nurses have to use a special paint that we give them for the footprints. They are then handed over to the families to bring into Firefly for the final painting and firing. We found this amazing transfer paper that we will now be using to get the baby's prints on the plates. We will send packet to each hospital. When there is a loss the nurse will grab one packet for that family. Inside will be our brochure, a blank page for the baby's prints, an information sheet for the family about our organization and the paint worksheet that the family or nurse will fill out and put with the prints in the addressed and stamped envelop that will also be in the packet. We will have volunteer paint days once a month where we will paint all the plates from that previous month. I am super pumped about it. My hands will be in it more and we can be a little more in control of everything.

We hope to have the packets by the first of September. If you or anyone you know in your area wants to help get us in their local hospitals or wants to adopt a hospital for $1200 a year please shoot us an email.

- Sarah

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Burke is 3!!!!!

Okay I have decided that time is going by way too fast.  Burke just turned 3 the beginning of June!  I can not believe it.  I feel like just yesterday I was in the hospital having the little guy!  We had a fun small family party and he is loving some super hero's right now so that was the theme :)  Silas really wanted to jump out when he walked in and yell surprise so that is what we did :)  Burke is super shy and he really wasn't a fan of it all.  Pibby and Pops got him his first bike and it is SO cute.   I picked up a balloon for all the kids and one special spider man one for Boo.  He has always loved balloons.  He said the sweetest thing....... he wanted to let his balloons go up to Mamie so she would know that it was his birthday.  I couldn't believe he let his special Spider Man one go.  It made me want to cry.  She should be here with us.  ANYWAYS, it was a fun day and I got some pictures of course and a few videos.  Happy 3rd Birthday Burkie BOO!  We love you so so

Baby Burke- Please Pray

Taylor and I went in for our big ultrasound this morning. I am 18 weeks along now, so they were checking out our baby boy closely. They found 2 genetic markers that caused a red flag. One cyst on the brain and his kidneys are enlarged. We need lots of prayers right now. Prayers for these markers to disappear and for our baby boy to be healthy. We also need prayers for our sanity as we wait, hope and pray. We will go back for another ultrasound in 8 weeks (March 31). We were told not to look this up on the internet and would appreciate only positive comments on this situation. God is good and we are leaving it in His hands. Thanks for your prayers, Sarah

NO FEAR!!!

I took the kids to the park this afternoon once the sun came out.  It was so beautiful and we love Woodlands Edge park.  Lots of trees, green space to run and Slides:) Winnie is small but that girl is mighty.  She has NO FEAR when it comes to the slides.  Which is totally different for me since Burke has always been so cautious.  I love days like this.  Feeling very blessed! - Sarah