Skip to main content

9 Months

I can't say that today has been the best day. I woke up with tears streaming down my face. I didn't want to get out of bed. All I could think about was what we would be doing today if Mamie were here. First of all I know I would have been awake much earlier than 8am. Sleeping in would not be a normal routine for me. I imagine that she would be crawling and pulling up on all of the furniture. Taylor and I would have moved everything out of reach that she could get to, that she shouldn't be. The coffee table would be padded and there would be toys everywhere. I was so angry this morning. I wanted to scream and cry for hours. I sat in her nursery and looked out at the beautiful garden that is about to burst with blooms. I just don't understand why we have to be here without our sweet baby. I slowly made my way into the kitchen to get my normal cup of coffee and made my way out to my spot on the deck. I was very thankful to see the sun shining through the trees because I had prepared myself for a rainy morning. I sat there listening to the quietness of the morning and watching the most adorable bird going to and from her nest that she is building right by our back door. She looks so happy, hopping around on those skinny little legs. She was hard at work getting her home ready for her new babies. It made me smile to see her, a small bird, working away to get ready for her baby chicks to arrive. I remember this time last year. I was really starting to pop out, and we were hard at work getting the house and nursery ready for our little Mamie. Later in the morning I decided to take Gus for a walk with Britney and Silas. It was really nice to get out and sweat a bit. I don't know if that makes any of you feel good but it does me. Silas did most of the talking :). He cracks me up and I can't tell you guys how great it is to be around that little guy. He knows how to make his Kiki laugh. This afternoon when I was sitting in Silas' room he was playing with all of his toys. He had his radio on, and he ran over to get his guitar and said he was ready to jam out. We were both "jamming out" with our guitars, and all I could think about was Mamie. I imagined her sitting on the floor staring up at the both of us laughing like we were crazy. I remember how much she kicked in my stomach when Silas was around, and she could hear his voice. I bet he would have made her laugh all the time. They would have been the best of friends..... After Silas got up from his nap we decided to go to Garden Ridge to get some Easter eggs that I could string and hang in a tree in Mamie's garden. I decided to put them in the dogwood we planted close to her bench. It looks adorable. While I was out hanging eggs the wind chimes were going crazy. Every time we hear the them Taylor and I say, "Mamie is talking to us". I think today she was trying to tell me not to be sad. The garden is looking so beautiful. Some of the hot pink azalea's are starting to bloom and the 200 tulips are coming up and I can't wait for them to bloom. I will take pictures as soon as they do to show you guys. I want to say that I am so thankful for such great friends and my loving family. All of the phone calls and emails today has really meant the world to Taylor and I. Britney, thanks for getting me out of the house and just letting me talk. The things you said about seeing Mom in heaven holding Mamie's hands while she tries to walk and Pop saying "Come here Mamie" makes me happy. I can see that too. It started as a really bad day but many things today also warmed my heart and that I am thankful for. We love you sweet sweet Mamie and will never forget you. -Sarah

Comments

  1. Sarah,
    I think of you often- more than you know-and I always pray for peace in your heart. There are so many times when I'm reading your thoughts, I want to scream right with you. That's reality. You are so strong. Spring is here and it's a new season in life. Grab hold and don't let go. With much love,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay strong honey! Love you and Tay! Milestones are tough, but dig in, hold on to your faith and you can get through them. I can't wait to see the garden...I know it is going to look absolutely beautiful in just a few weeks. Thinking about you always. Shawna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sitting outside watching the birds scurry around this morning feeling so peaceful. There is a dove singing from a tree. I love it. God sends us wonderful signs so often and I love when I am quiet enough to see them. Thank you for making me more aware of the life that goes on around us in nature. It is so beautiful and I think I missed so much for so long. I consider it one of the many gifts from my sweet Mamie. I love you- Brit

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Burke is 3!!!!!

Okay I have decided that time is going by way too fast.  Burke just turned 3 the beginning of June!  I can not believe it.  I feel like just yesterday I was in the hospital having the little guy!  We had a fun small family party and he is loving some super hero's right now so that was the theme :)  Silas really wanted to jump out when he walked in and yell surprise so that is what we did :)  Burke is super shy and he really wasn't a fan of it all.  Pibby and Pops got him his first bike and it is SO cute.   I picked up a balloon for all the kids and one special spider man one for Boo.  He has always loved balloons.  He said the sweetest thing....... he wanted to let his balloons go up to Mamie so she would know that it was his birthday.  I couldn't believe he let his special Spider Man one go.  It made me want to cry.  She should be here with us.  ANYWAYS, it was a fun day and I got some pictures of course and a few videos.  Happy 3rd Birthday Burkie BOO!  We love you so so

Baby Burke- Please Pray

Taylor and I went in for our big ultrasound this morning. I am 18 weeks along now, so they were checking out our baby boy closely. They found 2 genetic markers that caused a red flag. One cyst on the brain and his kidneys are enlarged. We need lots of prayers right now. Prayers for these markers to disappear and for our baby boy to be healthy. We also need prayers for our sanity as we wait, hope and pray. We will go back for another ultrasound in 8 weeks (March 31). We were told not to look this up on the internet and would appreciate only positive comments on this situation. God is good and we are leaving it in His hands. Thanks for your prayers, Sarah

NO FEAR!!!

I took the kids to the park this afternoon once the sun came out.  It was so beautiful and we love Woodlands Edge park.  Lots of trees, green space to run and Slides:) Winnie is small but that girl is mighty.  She has NO FEAR when it comes to the slides.  Which is totally different for me since Burke has always been so cautious.  I love days like this.  Feeling very blessed! - Sarah