Skip to main content

27 Weeks

I am 27 weeks today which means I am in my 3rd trimester and I have 91 days to go!  YEA!!!!!  We had a great Easter weekend.  Taylor was off on Friday so we headed over to the lake to stay at Annie and Alan's place.  Thursday night there were some really bad storms.  Brit called to tell us the tornado's were headed straight for us.  I am not that scared of storms but I was this time.  We were staying in a trailor on Lake Ouchita.  Yall I can't tell you how freaked out I was.  My body was so tense Mamie was totally kicking around in there.  She had to have known something was going on.  The electricity went out and it was SO dark.  We decided to make a run for the storm shelter that had 2 ft of nasty water in the bottom.  I didn't care as long as we were safe.  I was not about to sit in that tin can while a tornado headed for us.  The storm made a turn right before it got to where we were which was a blessing.  All I could say over and over was "Thank you, Thank you, Lord for keeping us safe".  Dustin and Ashley came over the next morning.  We had planned on renting a boat but it was cloudy and really cold.  We decided to hit the races instead.  We had a great time and lost all of our money :)  Saturday morning we headed back to LR and met Mom, Dad, Jason, Brit and Silas at Trinity Methodist for the egg hunt.  Silas was so cute.  He wasn't too sure about it all.  He pretty much just kicked the eggs around on the ground.  Britney and I ran around afterwards to look for stuff for Mamie's room.  Still trying to decide on a bed.  The one I wanted is not going to be made in time and truthfully I don't want to be one of the first to try this bed out.  We found some great fabric for the window treatments and a chandelier and rug that I need to order.  I can't wait to get it all put together so I can show you guys.  Sunday we headed to church and then over to Mom and Dads for Easter lunch.  We all stuffed ourselves, then sat in the den playing with Silas and watching the Masters.  Mamie, your daddy LOVES some golf!

So anyway, back to me being 27 weeks.  I am feeling good.  Having a few back pains here and there but I think that is just part of it.  :)  Heading back to the doctor this Wednesday for more glucose test.  WHOOOHOOO!!!  I will keep you all posted.

Sarah

Hello, Sarah!

This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother her, so just relax and enjoy the tickle

>> Read more about this week

Comments

  1. So scary Sarah, I would have been FREAKING out! Love that belly shot below. Can't wait to see how her nursery turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you. Seeing you, Taylor, Brit, and everyone so ready for baby Mamie makes me want to have kiddos and you know that's a lot coming from me girl!

    Continue keeping great notes because I will need you (my BFF) and the advice that you will have to offer sista!

    Can't wait for Mamie to get here :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Burke is 3!!!!!

Okay I have decided that time is going by way too fast.  Burke just turned 3 the beginning of June!  I can not believe it.  I feel like just yesterday I was in the hospital having the little guy!  We had a fun small family party and he is loving some super hero's right now so that was the theme :)  Silas really wanted to jump out when he walked in and yell surprise so that is what we did :)  Burke is super shy and he really wasn't a fan of it all.  Pibby and Pops got him his first bike and it is SO cute.   I picked up a balloon for all the kids and one special spider man one for Boo.  He has always loved balloons.  He said the sweetest thing....... he wanted to let his balloons go up to Mamie so she would know that it was his birthday.  I couldn't believe he let his special Spider Man one go.  It made me want to cry.  She should be here with us.  ANYWAYS, it was a fun day and I got some pictures of course and a few videos.  Happy 3rd Birthday Burkie BOO!  We love you so so

NO FEAR!!!

I took the kids to the park this afternoon once the sun came out.  It was so beautiful and we love Woodlands Edge park.  Lots of trees, green space to run and Slides:) Winnie is small but that girl is mighty.  She has NO FEAR when it comes to the slides.  Which is totally different for me since Burke has always been so cautious.  I love days like this.  Feeling very blessed! - Sarah

Baby Burke- Please Pray

Taylor and I went in for our big ultrasound this morning. I am 18 weeks along now, so they were checking out our baby boy closely. They found 2 genetic markers that caused a red flag. One cyst on the brain and his kidneys are enlarged. We need lots of prayers right now. Prayers for these markers to disappear and for our baby boy to be healthy. We also need prayers for our sanity as we wait, hope and pray. We will go back for another ultrasound in 8 weeks (March 31). We were told not to look this up on the internet and would appreciate only positive comments on this situation. God is good and we are leaving it in His hands. Thanks for your prayers, Sarah