Skip to main content

19 Weeks

I am a little behind on posting since I was in Vegas all last week for a photography convention. What a crazy week I must say. There were a ton of photographers from all over the world. 7 of us from the Love Affair workshop met up and spent the week together. It was so great to see all of them. Taylor took me to the airport Sunday morning around 5:30. Which means I woke up to get ready around 4am. Yea! I am so not a morning person so this totally sucked. But I wanted to get to Vegas early to meet up with girls. So, I rushed through the airport and I was there just in time to load the plane. Perfect right, well not really. Everyone was still standing around and we were soon told that there was something wrong with the plane and we would be delayed till 9:30 which would make me miss my flight in Houston AHHHHHHHHHHH! So I sat there for 4 hours and read some magazines and played on the computer. What an awful way to start my trip. I was already so tired. When we started loading in Houston they called all first class seats which where 1-5. I looked down at my ticket and I was row 5 seat b. I swear I heard the angels singing. I had a first class ticket. Thank you- thank you- thank you. As soon as I sat down in my oversized chair I snuggled down and grabbed a pillow. The trip from Houston to Vegas was 3 hours and I planned to sleep the whole time. Well, while all the coach peps filed in to sit in their small uncomfortable chairs I all of a sudden felt a little thump in my stomach. And then another and another. OH MY GOSH!!! I was feeling Mamie for the first time. She must have been telling me how much she liked first class :) Hee! Hee! No really- It was so amazing. I about freaked out! There was no one there for me to tell except for the man who was snoring next to me. I wiggled around in my chair grinning from ear to ear. What an amazing feeling! I swear I was so excited I could have jumped up and announced it to the whole plane. We took off shortly after that and sleeping was the last thing I was thinking about. The snoring man finally woke up and I struck up a conversation with him. Heck, we were going to be sitting together for the next 3 hours why not make a friend :) He told me all about his family and I told him about mine and that my husband and I are expecting our first child in July and she kicked me for the first time just a minute ago. He was so nice and we had a lovely conversation. I did finally calm down and rested my eyes for a few minutes. :) Isn't that so funny. I never thought I would be that way but the emotions and excitement you have when you are pregnant are so powerful. Vegas was a lot of fun. I miss my girls so much. We plan on making a trip to Santa Fe next year to hang out. It seems too far away. We are all so different but yet have so much in common. I truly believe that our friendships will last a very very long time. We were all like little girls when we saw each other for the first time. Waving our arms, jumping up and down, squealing. :) We had a great week together. One of the classes that I went to was Amber Holritz. All I have to say about her is WOW! She totally opened my eyes to staying true to yourself and your photography. She shoots a lot of lifestyle babies and families. I felt like I connected with her and her style on so many levels. I love documenting those special moments between people- especially a baby or child and their parents. Those moments that you will look back on years later and grin because you remember when you did those things together and your child can look back on them and see how much their parents love them. Before I went to her class I was really debating if I should try to 'set up' shoots. I was really having a hard time with it. It just didn't feel right, it just isn't my style or how I wanted to shoot. Going to Amber's class truly opened my eyes to the fact that I am doing things just the way I want, even though I love some of those posed shots. They are so sweet and adorable, it's just not my style. I feel like I work best in the candid unique and simple moments. Anyway, Amber played a little slideshow of her work . Ya'll... I had a huge lump in my throat. I hardly could even see the screen because tears had completely filled my eyes. They were so beautiful! So special. One image she told us about was a client who told Amber about her husband's love for kissing their baby's hands. The thing was he did it when most people weren't looking. While Amber was there photographing they were moving to another room. The husband leaned down to kiss the baby's hand and Amber swung around and captured that moment. Oh My... it is the most adorable picture I think I have ever seen. Anyway, I will quit blabbing on and on about this, but I really want to thank Amber for hitting me in the head with "just being yourself" and photographing what you love. Thank you- thank you Amber! Okay so back to the pregnancy- I am 19 weeks. Feeling good and loving being pregnant. Here is what baby center send us about our growing baby. Thanks for checking in on us! -Sarah Hello, Sarah! Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces, and measures 6 inches, head to bottom — about the size of a large heirloom tomato. The hair on her scalp is sprouting. This is a crucial time for sensory development: Your baby's brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that she may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, taking to her, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you. >> Read more about this week

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Burke is 3!!!!!

Okay I have decided that time is going by way too fast.  Burke just turned 3 the beginning of June!  I can not believe it.  I feel like just yesterday I was in the hospital having the little guy!  We had a fun small family party and he is loving some super hero's right now so that was the theme :)  Silas really wanted to jump out when he walked in and yell surprise so that is what we did :)  Burke is super shy and he really wasn't a fan of it all.  Pibby and Pops got him his first bike and it is SO cute.   I picked up a balloon for all the kids and one special spider man one for Boo.  He has always loved balloons.  He said the sweetest thing....... he wanted to let his balloons go up to Mamie so she would know that it was his birthday.  I couldn't believe he let his special Spider Man one go.  It made me want to cry.  She should be here with us.  ANYWAYS, it was a fun day and I got some pictures of course and a few videos.  Happy 3rd Birthday Burkie BOO!  We love you so so

Baby Burke- Please Pray

Taylor and I went in for our big ultrasound this morning. I am 18 weeks along now, so they were checking out our baby boy closely. They found 2 genetic markers that caused a red flag. One cyst on the brain and his kidneys are enlarged. We need lots of prayers right now. Prayers for these markers to disappear and for our baby boy to be healthy. We also need prayers for our sanity as we wait, hope and pray. We will go back for another ultrasound in 8 weeks (March 31). We were told not to look this up on the internet and would appreciate only positive comments on this situation. God is good and we are leaving it in His hands. Thanks for your prayers, Sarah

NO FEAR!!!

I took the kids to the park this afternoon once the sun came out.  It was so beautiful and we love Woodlands Edge park.  Lots of trees, green space to run and Slides:) Winnie is small but that girl is mighty.  She has NO FEAR when it comes to the slides.  Which is totally different for me since Burke has always been so cautious.  I love days like this.  Feeling very blessed! - Sarah