Skip to main content

16 Weeks!

We had a great weekend this past weekend. Taylor and I went to the races with some friends and I won $105 dollars on a 2 dollar bet. YAHOO! Isn't that fun! We also have counted up all of the change we have been saving up. Once we found out we were pregnant we said this change will be for Poppy Seed. We have about $300 in change. I am so excited. We might us it for something in her room. We haven't decided yet. Brit and I looked at baby bedding last night and I think I found what I want. Is so cute and is kind of retro 70's. I know yall are all probably scratching your heads right now trying to think of what would be cute for a baby bed that is retro 70's but just wait. Trust me :) it is going to be super cute. We also have a name for our little girl (which most of you already know, since we have had both our boy and girl names picked out WAY before we were pregnant) drum roll please :)...... no just kidding we are naming our sweet baby girl Mamie Katherine Adam. We will call her Mamie. AH, every time I say Mamie I just can't help but to smile and think of our what she will look like. I think the name will fit her so perfectly. Taylor and I both think she is going to be a little petite thing. The name Mamie comes from my side of the family. Growing up Britney and I have always heard the best stories about Aunt Mamie. She was my mom's favorite aunt. She was such a sweet and loving woman and through all of those stories we feel like we were just as close to her. Katherine is both Taylor's Grandmother and my Grandmothers name. Which I think is pretty cool. The spelling is different for my Grandmother but hey it's still the same name. It is crazy talking to her now by her name. Taylor has been saying when he leaves the house. Let me say by to little Mamie. It is just so real now! Ah.... okay I am about to start crying my happy tears.....okay moving on I was 16 weeks as of yesterday. I am still feeling pretty good except for almost vomiting on the counter in the post office the other day and a few cramps here and there the past two days. I think the cramping is because my body is stretching right now. I am not concerned at all. I just took a bath and feel much better. Taylor made a big fire and we are about to snuggle up and watch American Idol. Okay I better finish up here. Below is what baby is doing this week. -Sarah Hello, Sarah! Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length . Right now, he's about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too.

Comments

  1. We are so excited for you both! We can't wait to see sweet little Mamie's face...
    Love you,
    Brit, Jason and Silas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, love it! I can't wait for sweet Mamie to welcome us all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so excited for little Mamie! She is going to be teeny tiny and precious! Owen and Mamie Weber- it's got a ring to it! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Burke is 3!!!!!

Okay I have decided that time is going by way too fast.  Burke just turned 3 the beginning of June!  I can not believe it.  I feel like just yesterday I was in the hospital having the little guy!  We had a fun small family party and he is loving some super hero's right now so that was the theme :)  Silas really wanted to jump out when he walked in and yell surprise so that is what we did :)  Burke is super shy and he really wasn't a fan of it all.  Pibby and Pops got him his first bike and it is SO cute.   I picked up a balloon for all the kids and one special spider man one for Boo.  He has always loved balloons.  He said the sweetest thing....... he wanted to let his balloons go up to Mamie so she would know that it was his birthday.  I couldn't believe he let his special Spider Man one go.  It made me want to cry.  She should be here with us.  ANYWAYS, it was a fun day and I got some pictures of course and a few videos.  Happy 3rd Birthday Burkie BOO!  We love you so so

Baby Burke- Please Pray

Taylor and I went in for our big ultrasound this morning. I am 18 weeks along now, so they were checking out our baby boy closely. They found 2 genetic markers that caused a red flag. One cyst on the brain and his kidneys are enlarged. We need lots of prayers right now. Prayers for these markers to disappear and for our baby boy to be healthy. We also need prayers for our sanity as we wait, hope and pray. We will go back for another ultrasound in 8 weeks (March 31). We were told not to look this up on the internet and would appreciate only positive comments on this situation. God is good and we are leaving it in His hands. Thanks for your prayers, Sarah

NO FEAR!!!

I took the kids to the park this afternoon once the sun came out.  It was so beautiful and we love Woodlands Edge park.  Lots of trees, green space to run and Slides:) Winnie is small but that girl is mighty.  She has NO FEAR when it comes to the slides.  Which is totally different for me since Burke has always been so cautious.  I love days like this.  Feeling very blessed! - Sarah