Skip to main content

Busy Boo

Burkie boo is so busy these days.  He loves to crawl as fast as he can away from you squealing wanting you to chase him.   He also loves to crew on paper.  If he gets a hold of a book, magazine, well anything paper he takes a nice bite out of it and then just holds it in his mouth.  Today was his first day of Mother's Day out.  He had a really great day.  When I came to pick him up his teachers were cracking up.  They said "See this mess... Burke cleaned off all the shelves right before you got here."  They also said at lunch he dumped all of his food off of his paper plate and started chewing on the plate.  Ha... I told them that didn't surprise me one bit.  He's a little billy goat.  

I did pretty good dropping him off.  There was another baby there that was crying on the floor when I put him down.  He sat there and looked at her for a second and then made the most pitiful face and started crying.  His teachers said he was totally fine after that.  At lunch they said that he was being so silly in his chair and another little girl in his class would mimic what he was doing.  They said they were so interested in each other....  

I hadn't planned on putting Burke in Mother's Day out this early until everything blew up with the race.  We have so much to do and the days are flying by.  Brit and I dropped all the boys off, hoped in the car and spent the whole day running around picking up things for the goodie bags, dropping off signs and we made a big trip to Walmart to get bubbles, sidewalk chalk, water jugs, baby pools (for the water) and other things that we need for the big day.  I am getting so excited!  We have a big race meeting tomorrow night and I can't wait to see everyone on the committee.  All the girls on the committee have been amazing.  They have gone above and beyond on everything.

I promise to keep posting here.  I have been so bad about doing this.  There has been so much going on but I still have so much that I need to blog and also just journal and get off my chest.  Next up are some pictures from Memorial Day weekend at the lake.

- Sarah


Gus is so good with Burke.  He lets him crawl all over him.  We have been working on being very very gentle with Gus and Burke is doing pretty good at it.  And I know y'all all probably think this child never smiles.  He does I promise!!!!  You would think since I am a photographer I could catch that but geez I can't ever get it:)  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Burke is 3!!!!!

Okay I have decided that time is going by way too fast.  Burke just turned 3 the beginning of June!  I can not believe it.  I feel like just yesterday I was in the hospital having the little guy!  We had a fun small family party and he is loving some super hero's right now so that was the theme :)  Silas really wanted to jump out when he walked in and yell surprise so that is what we did :)  Burke is super shy and he really wasn't a fan of it all.  Pibby and Pops got him his first bike and it is SO cute.   I picked up a balloon for all the kids and one special spider man one for Boo.  He has always loved balloons.  He said the sweetest thing....... he wanted to let his balloons go up to Mamie so she would know that it was his birthday.  I couldn't believe he let his special Spider Man one go.  It made me want to cry.  She should be here with us.  ANYWAYS, it was a fun day and I got some pictures of course and a few videos.  Happy 3rd Birthday Burkie BOO!  We love you so so

Baby Burke- Please Pray

Taylor and I went in for our big ultrasound this morning. I am 18 weeks along now, so they were checking out our baby boy closely. They found 2 genetic markers that caused a red flag. One cyst on the brain and his kidneys are enlarged. We need lots of prayers right now. Prayers for these markers to disappear and for our baby boy to be healthy. We also need prayers for our sanity as we wait, hope and pray. We will go back for another ultrasound in 8 weeks (March 31). We were told not to look this up on the internet and would appreciate only positive comments on this situation. God is good and we are leaving it in His hands. Thanks for your prayers, Sarah

NO FEAR!!!

I took the kids to the park this afternoon once the sun came out.  It was so beautiful and we love Woodlands Edge park.  Lots of trees, green space to run and Slides:) Winnie is small but that girl is mighty.  She has NO FEAR when it comes to the slides.  Which is totally different for me since Burke has always been so cautious.  I love days like this.  Feeling very blessed! - Sarah